Dominion of Mercy - Beginnings

The new year begins with an opportunity that I created out of more than 700 hours of work. It wasn't so much work as it was joy. Writing is like that for me. Most times it flows uninterrupted once I put pen to paper, or fingers to the keyboard. I trust the process that keeps stories unfolding before me in their own time, as if I wasn't totally in charge. The story writes itself you might say. Of course I research whatever is at the core of my novels; historical fiction, or a contemporary piece. What matters is to saturate myself with details of place and time, custom, the social tone of the time, and relevant history that form the foundational structure for the story. I include historical characters through reference, or perhaps appearance in the body of the work, to breathe life into the story that I wish to tell. Dominion of Mercy was such a story. I will describe my process, how the story came to be, in the coming days and weeks


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding the title of my new novel - The Sum of One Man's Pleasure

The Fuse of Fiction